1. How long have you been blogging? And, for anyone who is visiting for the first time, please give a quick description of the subject of your blog.
I have been blogging about my experiences with my dogs and cats for a grand total of seven days!
2. What is the one thing that you accomplished during 2015, either on your blog or because of it, that made you most proud?
I guess finally deciding to DO it after years of thinking about it,was the most important thing I did for this blog last year.
3. Which of your blog posts was your favorite this year and why? (Please include a link.)
My favorite is a post called The Mighty Bell which details an idea I had to keep the dogs from pestering me for food. Sharing this tip, and the few others I’ve stumbled upon, were part of my motivation for blogging in the first place. That, and the fame and fortune of course!
4. A common theme from last year’s challenge was that many of us wanted to increase the size of our audiences. Whether or not we intend to monetize our blogs, it seems we’d all like to reach more people. It feels good to know that we’re connecting with others, sharing a laugh or supporting a cause, and it’s motivating to see those numbers grow! What is one thing you’ve done in the past year that has brought more traffic to your blog?
Well, I started it, which will get it infinitely more web traffic than if it was just a vague idea rattling around in my head. My VERY limited experience so far shows me that it’s helpful to know other bloggers who will support you and let others know about what you’re doing.
5. Which of your blog posts got the most traffic this year? Why do you think it was so popular? (Please include a link.)
Again the answer is The Mighty Bell (I’ve written other posts, I swear!) The reason it got the most traffic, the topic of the post being an astoundingly good idea aside, was the link another blogger who I’ve read for years gave me on her Facebook page.
6. What is one blog that you read religiously – other than your own – and what makes you such a devoted reader? (Please include a link.)
I read Oh My Dog! written by the lovely Maggie Marton on an astoundingly regular basis. Maggie’s writing is very honest and engaging (even if the topic isn’t fun). She’s been through a lot, she cares a lot, and that comes through in her posts and responses.
7. What resources do you rely on to enhance your technical, writing, photography, social media, or other skills that improve your blog?
Can I pass on this question? I think I’m in the unknown unknowns stage of blogging at this point.
8. What is the best piece of advice you can offer other bloggers?
I was kind of hoping you could tell me! Um, just keep at it, I guess.
9. What is your vision for your blog in 2016? Do you have specific goals?
I would like to have posts up three times a week, more would be great but dependent on the life sapping condition known as ‘working.’ I have a few ideas I’ve tried, and experiences I’ve had with my pets that I would like to share with others.
10. You have the attention of the pet blogging community – is there one blogging challenge you’d like help with, or one aspect of your blog that you’d like input on?
I’m great at starting things, and also great at letting them just go by the wayside. I’d love to hear any tips on staying motivated and sticking with it, even when it’s hard.